Human Resources Consultant (p/t)
Who we are
We are a human resources and change management consulting practice serving clients in the NYC and NJ markets. We offer strategic HR services across the employee lifecycle and bring large corporate and consulting experience to our projects on a scale that is accessible to smaller organizations. Read more about us here: https://allium-group.com/home/who-what-where-why-how/
What we need help with
We are looking for a part-time, experienced HR professional to join our organization as we build our client base in north/central New Jersey. The incumbent would work in the following areas:
- Business development
- HR process design, implementation and support
- Organization and job design
- Compensation strategy and planning
- Employee engagement and performance management
- Project management for professionals in transition
The ideal candidate is a senior HR professional who has taken positions of increasing responsibility within a large corporate organization and has experience in both Compensation and Organizational Development roles or projects.
S/he is now looking to transition to consulting and wants to be part of an company that is high- energy and passionate about the value of top-tier HR strategic services. S/he has a strong work ethic, an acute sense of professionalism, business acumen and feels a vested interest in the company’s success.
This position is a part-time role, starting at 10-15 hours per week. It may grow to full-time, depending on projects and the work preference of the incumbent. Hours are flexible within the framework of client engagements.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Bachelors Degree, plus 7-10 years professional experience working in Human Resources, preferably with a large corporation
- SHRM or HRCI certification
- Demonstrated success managing projects, strong business and financial acumen
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and leading small teams on a project basis
- Ability to communicate goals in terms that resonate with business owners as well as heads of HR
- Experience networking in professional and industry groups
- 2-3 years working in a Compensation Management role with project work in variable pay design ranging from sales commission models through to short and long term incentive programs and profit/equity sharing
- 2-3 years working in a Talent and Organizational Development role with project work in job and organization re-design, succession and development planning, learning and development, and performance management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; strong drive to build and grow a practice
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including presenting to senior audiences
- Ability to communicate HR services in a business and financial context
- Sense of professional discretion; ability to successfully navigate difficult and critical conversations
- High attention to detail; ability to structure, organize and deliver work independently
It starts with a conversation.
If you feel that this role might be a good fit for you and you would like to schedule a confidential conversation to learn more about the role and the company, the let’s setup a time to talk! When you contact us, please include your resume and include a note telling us about your background and why you’re interested in the position. We look forward to hearing from you!